Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookies, Cookies...Everywhere!

We are awash in Holiday Spirit as the cookie making reaches fever pitch and the orders for catering trays are coming in a steady stream! Randy, Ryan, Duffy, Brianna, Sharon and I are all putting it out as fast as we can! We haven't been without our glitches. This weekend's problems included a mix-up in bread orders, with one of our customers having to retrieve the bread his wife was getting for their annual holiday gathering from some other friends who accidently picked it up...it is a long story, one that ended well (I think!) However, the gingerbread (is it a cake, or is it a cookie....or both?) I sent along with the mixed up bread order was all wrong and I feel terrible my friend Mindy ended up with a dessert she couldn't use! All the while I was frantically running between the Bakery and the Theater where my kids were in the throes of the final Nutcracker performances of the season. It is my task to make sure the hundred or so people backstage are fed and it always comes at a time when the bakery is also feeding way more people than usual through our catering and such...makes for crazy times!


and if you think I'm crazy, Sharon has found time to decorate sugar cubes like little christmas presents!

No comments: