Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hungarian Mushroom Soup


Here, at the Bakery, around lunch time the phone calls will often be centered around what soups we have to offer. Sometimes I picture the person on the other end of the line has all the cafes in town on speed dial to make it easier to decide what to have for lunch that day. I tried to keep up by posting the soups of the day on this blog, but I didn't get the word out very well and ended up kinda sucking at it anyway, so, still the calls come. The one that has the most fans is the Hungarian Mushroom Soup. It's hearty and meaty (without having meat...which is very big around here!)...and a little spice to warm a body on a cool spring day!
The full recipe is here at Two Sisters: The Recipes
My favorite question customers ask about this soup: "What makes it Hungarian?"
My favorite answer: "Because of all the Hungarians we put in there...only you have to chop them up real fine,
'cause they are really chewy!"

No comments: