Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A case of the 'Februarys'


Bishop's Beach, by the bakery, is slippery with salty ice making for dicey beachwalks...walking on the slimey half frozen gravel mimics the unsteady feeling this month always gives me. We still have a couple of months of winter ahead and while the days are longer, it's not by that much yet, so if the sun doesn't come out it feels as though it never gets light at all...just this dreary gray. It's not all doom and gloom as we congratulate our friends Corina and Jud on getting married (!) and so many new babies it's hard to keep track! I know as we head into march things will brighten up...it's this time of year I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes: "In the depths of winter I found within me lies an invincable summer." -Albert Camus
p.s. one other thing that always perks me up are the amazing things this gal comes up with...

No comments: