Monday, January 5, 2009

Brrrr!


I'm back from a New Year's week of fun in the cold! And was it cold! We skiied the first two days of the week in -5 degrees and I thought that was pretty adventurous for me, especially! Then when the temps dipped past -10...I cried uncle! Daughter Jane toughed it out on that last day...honing her new boarding skills. Now it's back to school and Bakery. Homer is a little warmer this morning, my thermometer says 0 degrees right now. Time to make ice cream! Which brings me to a new blog to share by a very creative pastry chef in New York. Michael Laskonis' Workbook today tosses around the idea of sweet yellow pepper sorbet...mmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like it's downright cold everywhere! so glad the hearth of two sisters beams as a beckoning beacon of bolstering brilliance, warmth and soul-loving food and atmosphere. much love from the snowdrifts of cleveland. see you soon! ish, well, towards break-up, you know? ;P

Dr. Utopia said...

It is so cold I wanna punch something.