Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chocolate and Bacon...oh yeah!

It started as a bit of a jokey challenge from my friend in all things chocolate, Jenny Coyle...but the more I thought about it, I knew it had been done before, so I decided to try making a ganache by first frying bacon til quite crisp, pouring off the fat and adding cream to deglaze the pan and heat the cream. I then poured the heated bacon-y cream through a strainer and over the chocolate. I made two versions: one Milk Chocolate and one Semisweet. The flavor was amazing in both, but I think so far the winner is the semisweet pairing. The fillings are chilling overnight and this morning I'll go in and roll them into balls...now, how to top them off...hmmm. I'll be back later, hopefully with photos of the finished product...so stay tuned!

No comments: